Peanut butter protein shake
This protein shake is our absolute go-to for an easy, on the go breakfast (fabulous for commuters). Blend together in the morning and enjoy on your way to work or whilst you’re getting ready for a filling breakfast which ticks all the boxes: carbs, fat and protein. It’s porridge base makes it a yummy twist on your healthy bowl of porridge and its taste most resembles a coffee frappe/ cooler.
Here’s the basic recipe, plus all the alternative ways you can adapt it to your needs.
Time: 10 minutes
- 200ml Almond Milk
- Tea spoon/s of coffee (depending on your preference of strength… or how tired you are!)
- 30g (1 scoop) Soy Protein Powder
- Table spoon peanut butter
- 30g Porridge
- Splash of Walden Farm Caramel Sauce
- Pour Almond Milk into blender
- Add Soy Protein Powder and shake
- Add coffee, Peanut butter, Porridge, Caramel sauce (in any order)
- Add ice
- Blend… and enjoy! (Keep adding ice and blending until it’s as thick as you want it).
- To enjoy as a snack, try leaving out the porridge. The protein and fat will act as a healthy, filling snack and the drink will resemble more of a coffee cooler (perfect in sunny weather to replace those café bought temptations).
- If you’re a coconut fan, swap the almond milk for coconut milk.
- Not a fan of protein powders? Knock this on the head and still enjoy the shake as an on-the-go porridge alternative.
Watch the recipe below: